Islamic Garden

Islamic Garden
Islamic Garden in Lausanne, Switzerland

Saturday, June 9, 2007

Siratal Mustaqeem

This phrase in al-Fatiha has been translated variously as:

The Straight Path,
The Right Path,
The True Path,
The Direct Path.

In my own psycho-spiritual journey, the path
has never been straight, right, true or direct.
It has been a long and winding road.
I am sure I have strayed and lost my way...
Perhaps Siratal Mustaqeem speaks to
a "centered path" or "a razor's edge?"

So, I feel the need to seek
the insight and the wisdom of the poets
who can help me to understand
the nature and challenges of
Sirat al-Mustaqeem.

Here are three of my favorite poets
who have walked deeply on their own path...

If you have some musings on your path,
that you would like to share,
please feel free to send them my way
to light the path for me and
others who are out hiking...

No comments: