Islamic Garden

Islamic Garden
Islamic Garden in Lausanne, Switzerland

Sunday, June 3, 2007

Al-Fatiha

My guide, Sheikh Sidi al-Jamal, gave an oral teaching last summer regarding salat, and fatiha in particular that I loved. This is a translation of his arabic:

"So, if you want to be happy in your life and have what you need and ask for, then you must knock on the door and come forward to Allah in humbleness and complete politeness and say:
Here I am , O Allah, between Your hands.”

When you start the prayer say: “Praise be to the Lord of the Worlds, the Universally Merciful, the Singularly Compassionate, O You Who are the Owner of everything.”

Then, you ask Him:

"Guide us to the straight Path, the Path of those on whom You bestow Your Grace,” which means the Prophets, the believers, the truthful, the worshipers and the Friends of Allah (al-awliya).

“O Allah, please guide me like them, let me be among them. Do not let me be among the oppressors who disobey Allah and who are evil and break people’s hearts. Do not let me be among those who destroy love and mercy, who violate humans rights and who do evil. Please let me be happy in my life and live as a worshipful slave and servant to You, sincere and not a liar or a disobedient one. Please guard my body, guard my soul and my heart and let my spirit be for You.”

Is this not the message? Is this not the prayer?

Dr. Nur Hrabko, Pope Valley, CA

No comments: